A variation of this post appeared on Mother’s Day 2016, and has been updated/expanded.
ExChristianScience.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, this post contains affiliate links where noted.
In honor of Mother’s Day, we’ve collected some poignant stories of growing up with Christian Science Mothers.
First Hand Experiences with Mothers & Christian Science
- “The people here are so nice.”
- Ruth’s Story: Turn to Medical Hospice
- She was a true believer and wouldn’t have wanted it any other way
- God was expected to provide
- I was the worst daughter they ever saw
- I imagine what my mother would have done and then do exactly the opposite
- My mother’s response: “It’s like you’ve given up.”
- My mother did not tell me about menstruation.
- Someone introduced Mother to a CSP
- My mother is still waiting for us to come back to church…
- A Poem for Mother’s Day
- Happy Mother’s Day (Part 1 of 2), Happy Mother’s Day (Part 2 of 2)
“A mother’s affection cannot be weaned from her child, because the mother-love includes purity and constancy, both of which are immortal. Therefore maternal affection lives on under whatever difficulties.”
- Running on Empty: Overcome Your Childhood Emotional Neglect (affiliate link)
- Mothers Who Can’t Love: A Healing Guide for Daughters (affiliate link)
- Will I Ever Be Good Enough?: Healing the Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers (affiliate link)
This site offers support resources to help individuals negotiate a transition in a manner that best fits their needs and convictions. We do not advocate any one particular path but acknowledge that there are many legitimate pathways that can be personally and spiritually fulfilling.